She told Sunday Scoop that when her mother fell ill, as the only child, she could not forsake her and concentrate on acting.
She said, “I’ve spent the last six years in different hospitals, taking care of my aged mother, who is bedridden. I’m her only child. She is now better and I’m working now.”
On her movie, Grey Shadows, which was recently premiered ,
she said, “We have done our best to put out a good material for people to see and learn from. But being a commercial success is in the people’s hands. If they love the movie, it will surely be a commercial success.
“The movie is a true life situation that has happened to more than 80 per cent of Nigerians and everyone can relate to it. In Nigeria, we take things for granted. I don’t understand why in some hospitals, we don’t have doctors on duty on Sundays because they need to go to church or attend to other activities. What happens if one is seriously ill? This is what the movie tries to address.”
She doesn’t think her age or leaving acting for a while will make her irrelevant in the movie industry.

No comments
Comment Here